Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The online conversation of the students in and professor of Mass Communication Teaching, a graduate course in the College of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida. A discussion of issues related to teaching strategies and issues in higher education.
4 comments:
I did it for my syllabus in my country, but I had not office in the university there. For UF, you have an office and a time they can call and also easy access to email, so I'd rather not receive student's calls to my cell phone, and so i don't put it in.
I agree. I have some students who email quite bit and think I could be overwhelmed by phone calls. I let them know I check my emails several times a day so they can reach me if they need to w/in a few hours.
Linda
I gave it out one semester to my news students just in case we had a breaking news emergency. I was thinking "hurricane," but my students seemed to interpret news emergency as "I can't find a tape." I'm still regretting giving out my number--you wouldn't believe how many students I don't even KNOW who have called me! (Maybe someone just scrawled it on a bathroom wall, I don't know...)
I would NOT give my cell phone number. Instead, I will use email, answering the messages as fast as possible (at least once a day).
Post a Comment