Hi everyone,
My presentation on multiple choice testing is this Monday. I thought it would be a good activity for each of us to prepare and print out two multiple choice questions (and answers) based on the McKeachie readings to pass out in class. At the conclusion of the presentation we will swap questions and have someone else try to answer them. We can then discuss what techniques in the questions were effective and/or representative of a good multiple choice questions and where we potentially erred when drafting the questions.
Let's limit questions to Chapters 2 and 3 from McKeachie. We will just shuffle the questions and distribute them randomly. Do not feel compelled to put your name on them but I'm sure none of us would be embarrassed if they are critiqued so I would encourage people to also explain why they drafted a question in a certain way if doing so would be helpful to the class.
I figure we will spend about 10-15 minutes on this activity. Maybe 3-5 minutes answering and thinking about the questions you receive and then another 10-12 minutes for discussion.
See you on Monday,
Mark
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment