Monday, September 15, 2008

"Teaching Tips" paper assignment

In class today, several of you said that my e-mail to the class listserv about the McKeachie reading never arrived. So I said I would posts this information in our blog.

I hope you're going to enjoy reading "Teaching Tips" and writing a response:
  • Select 5-8 issues that you'd like to comment on.
  • Write 4 to 5 typed pages -- double spaced.
  • Using first person is appropriate, as you are giving your own opinion.
  • The emphasis should be how issues in the book can relate to your current teaching or your future teaching.
  • Include in your paper a paragraph explaining the context of the book.
  • Just as we do in our class discussions, no naming of specific profs or courses.
Bring the paper and the book to next Monday's class.

I read "Teaching Tips" every year before the school year starts. Not only does that help me get ready to teach MMC 6930 (and discuss the book in class), but I always pick up a new teaching idea.

No comments: